Years ago, citizens of our county saw the potential growth of Williamson County and the bright future of Downtown Franklin. For decades, the Heritage Foundation has worked for the people to save and protect the resources that makes our community so desirable.
These five projects are those which the Heritage Foundation currently deems high priority:
- Old, Old Jail Work is completed on the building and the HF is in the process of interpretation of the history of the building and still seeking LEED Certification
- Carter Hill Park In process of being interpreted. The Cotton Gin site was given to the City of Franklin by the Heritage Foundation. That land is now part of the Carter Cotton Gin Park.
- Riverwalk The Heritage Foundation is meeting monthly to advance the river walk for Franklin.
- Hillsboro Road (in progress) Streetscape and redevelopment in process
- Harlinsdale Farm Advocacy to save the small farm houses as well as the other historic resources ongoing.